Our fraud law barristers bring decades of expertise defending in some of the largest and most complex fraud and confiscation cases in the UK and abroad.
Garden Court is consistently recognised for its outstanding contribution to criminal defence law.
Our team is also ranked as a leading set of chambers in the Legal 500 for fraud law.
Winner of Crime Set of the Year 2015, Garden Court has been recognised by the Legal 500 awards for our outstanding contribution to criminal defence law.
We offer a 30-strong team of barristers in these areas of law, nine of whom are leading silks recommended in the independent Chambers & Partners UK Bar Guide. Members of the team have authored the highly regarded “Confiscation Manual”, the authoritative guide for lawyers on applications under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
Our areas of expertise
- Missing trader intra-community (MTIC) fraud
- Boiler room fraud
- Bribery and corruption
- Insider dealing
- Money laundering
- Confiscation and asset forfeiture, including very high value assets and property abroad
We represent individuals and companies facing regulatory investigations or prosecutions brought by the Serious Fraud Office, Financial Conduct Authority, HMRC, National Crime Agency, the Environment Agency, the Department of Business Innovation and Skills and the Health and Safety Executive. Our clients include professionals such as accountants, solicitors, bankers and architects.
Our notable cases
- LIBOR-fixing fraud
- Pakistani cricket spot-fixing corruption
- Operation Emersed – largest ever VAT ‘carousel’ fraud
- Operation Hornet – corruption and fraud at HBOS
- R v Omar and others – bribery of Ghanaian, Kenyan and Somalian officials
- R v Karim – Bollywood international film fraud
- R v Van Badlo – large scale Ponzi fraud
- R v Wilmot and others – biggest ever ‘boiler room’ fraud
- R v Childs – fraud against Libyan Investment Authority
Meet the team
Click here to find out more about the Fraud and Confiscation Team or click on the individual barrister profiles below.
If you would like more information about our Fraud and Confiscation Team please email the clerks or call us on 020 7993 7600.