Current Vacancies ( 1 )
PUBLIC (DIRECT) ACCESS ADMINISTRATOR/PARALEGAL
Garden Court Chambers is one of the largest and most successful barristers’ chambers in the UK. Following rapid expansion in recent years, we now have over 180 barristers supported by a busy operations team. We are recognised as leaders in criminal defence, civil liberties, housing, immigration, family and public law. Our passion for human rights and social justice has shaped the development of law in these areas over the last 40 years. This is reflected in our ground-breaking cases, which hit the news headlines every week.
We are seeking to recruit a Public Access Administrator/Paralegal to support barristers and staff with the expansion of this new business development opportunity. This is ideal for an experienced paralegal or administrator with good understanding of the Business to Consumer market place.
- To deal with all enquiries coming into Chambers via the Public Access route,
- To follow up all visits, phone calls, emails and other enquires from Clients and to filter and evaluate such enquiries,
- To identify the initial issues involved and outline to the Client the various stages of the process involved,
- To liaise with Barristers and Staff to assess the validity of cases and agree on next stages,
- To organise and arrange meetings between the Client and Barristers as required,
- To record the enquiries on the CRM system and update the status at various stages through to a conclusion of each case being accepted or rejected,
- To undertake the administration aspects of the case, including the financial aspects in terms of billing and fee collection,
- To provide administrative support to the Barrister and undertake basic case preparation as required.
- Experience within a legal organisation, preferably solicitors firm providing services directly to members of the public,
- Ability to explain the processes in a clear and concise way,
- Good client skills as this is a front facing role, comfortable on the phone with good ability to listen,
- Solid academic background, preferably with law degree,
- Good IT skills (including MS Word, Excel)
- Knowledge and understanding of rules governing Public Access work for Barristers,
- Salary circa £25K pa
- 25 Holidays
- Pension and other benefits
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is 24 January 2019 at 4pm.
We consider applications on an equal opportunity basis and we are committed to equality and diversity. Applications from ethnic minority and women candidates are particularly welcome.